Protein powders come in many categories and wading through all these options and choosing the best can a gruesome task. This article will help you know the different types of proteins and thus you will be able to narrow down on the right product for you.
Table of Contents
- Protein powders are preferable for the following reasons:
- 10.BSN Syntha 6 protein Powder
- 9.Dymatize Iso-100 Protein Powder
- 8. CytoSport Muscle Milk
- 7.PROMIX #1 Selling Unflavored 100% California Grass-Fed Whey Protein
- 6. Isopure Zero Carb Protein Powder
- 5.Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion Advanced Protein
- 4.Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex
- 3.Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard
- 2.MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder
- 1. MuscleTech Phase 8 Protein Powder
Protein powders are preferable for the following reasons:
- They contain no or minimal amount of fat and cholesterol compared to those found in high-protein foods.
- They taste better than most of the high-protein foods
- They cost less than other sources of proteins such as fish and meat
- They are more convenient
- It has more benefits beyond supplementing regular sources of protein
The difference between most of the available protein powders can be summarized as:
- Type of protein used- they can be broadly divided into two categories: vegetable source and animal source. Animal proteins are better tasting but have a higher possibility of containing more fat and cholesterol.
- Type of sweeteners or flavor used- a manufacturer has thousands of options when choosing flavors or sweeteners for protein powder product. Your flavoring can fall into three categories; no flavors or sweeteners, a combination of artificial and natural flavors, and/or natural flavors only.
- Cost-The cost of protein powders will depend on the ingredients used. Products with similar ingredients nearly cost the same amount. Some manufacturers add ingredients such as digestive enzymes and amino acids, which makes the comparison of protein powders a little challenging.
- Enhancements-most manufacturers add other ingredients to improve the nutritional value of protein powders or make them more usable. This makes the protein powder to be costlier but with added benefits.
Using they above characteristics and extensive research we were able to come up with this list of the Top 10 Recommended Protein Powders 2020. They are: –
10.BSN Syntha 6 protein Powder
This protein powder is convenient to use. It is a multi-purpose supplement that releases protein steadily to the body over long hours. It is made by blending 6 different protein sources. This steady release minimizes muscle fatigue. BSN Syntha 6 protein Powder is perfect for burning fats and building a lean physique. Available in different flavors allowing the consumers to choose their preferred flavor.
1.Best tasting protein powder
2.It is balanced.
1.Its flavors might not be pleasing to all people.
2.It can stimulate allergic reactions.
9.Dymatize Iso-100 Protein Powder
This protein powder is highly absorbed in the body, therefore, most of the times it is used by long-running athletes. Additionally, apart from building muscles, it also repairs damaged muscles. It is made from various protein blends while excluding lactose and gluten.
1.High rate of absorption
2.Low content of fat and sugar
1.Do not contain carbohydrates and lactose which are needed in the body.
2.It may not be all-in-one protein supplement.
8. CytoSport Muscle Milk
CytoSport Muscle Milk is well blended for appropriate development of muscles. This so helpful especially to fitness enthusiasts and people who attend to gym or athletes. It is made from mixing various proteins so as ensure the presence of all kinds of protein building blocks. This feature makes versatile. It has got added formula that helps in burning extra fat in the body.
1.Supplement proteins that are not available in our diet.
2.It is cheap thus do not strain one’s income.
3.Has got vital vitamins and minerals.
1.It induces nausea
2.Irregular bowel locomotion
3.Stomach upset and bloating.
7.PROMIX #1 Selling Unflavored 100% California Grass-Fed Whey Protein
The product is balanced having 28 grams for every 32 grams of the powder. The other 4 grams includes minerals, vitamins among other nutritious elements. It is free of hormones, dyes, and undesirable sweeteners. Furthermore, the powder is very clean minimizing the risk of contamination thus food poisoning.
1.It is made naturally from cow fed grass.
3.Free from hormones, steroids, and artificial dyes.
4.Cleanest protein available.
1.Available in chocolate flavor which might not be pleasing to all consumers.
2.It is a bit expensive.
6. Isopure Zero Carb Protein Powder
It is purely made of Whey natural protein isolate. Has got little or no carb. Also, it gives desirable results to active people especially body fitness persons and muscle builders. This supplement ensures fitness without any malnutrition disorders. It includes glutamine, minerals and vitamins that make the muscle very tough and strong.
1.Made from natural whey protein
2.Contains no carb
3.Have got additional vitamins and minerals
1.It is not ideal for patients that allergic to dairy products.
2.This protein can interact with medicine if one is under medication.
5.Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion Advanced Protein
This protein is the most affordable protein powder in our list. It is made by Gasparik Nutrition which utilizes blending of various proteins including a probiotic recipe. This adds nutritional value of the powder while facilitating proper digestion. The protein is perfect protein powder after working due to its high absorbent degree.
1.Does not contain any steroids
3.They are affordable to most of the consumers
4.It is of high quality.
1.Some of the consumers develop allergic reaction due to its flavor.
4.Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex
Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex blends 8 different protein sources so to provide a variety of amino acids profiles. It is manufactured from whey protein isolates, hydrolyzed proteins with egg albumin. It is of high quality supplementing nearly all your needs. It largely contains glutamine, BCAA components, and the protein itself. It has been recommended by most users for your protein muscle building.
2.It includes BCCAs and glutamine.
3.All in one supplement.
1.Its albumin flavor might discourage persons that do not take eggs.
3.Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard
This product is very simple though effective in supplying the protein supplements. It is blended from 3 powerful proteins. The product stimulates muscle growth and facilitates recovery. It also reduces hunger. Available in various flavors variety. It boosts protein synthesis in the body.
1.It is high-quality protein powder
1.It is not readily available in the market dues it high demand.
2.MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder
This multi-purpose protein powder is effective in providing supplements that we do not meet in our diets. it is made from blending the most nutritious proteins thus purchasing this powder eradicates the need of having many other single protein component supplements. Due to its low content of sodium, less water is retained in the body.
1.High protein content and low carb
2.Low sodium and fat content
3.Easily available in the market
4.High absorption rate.
1.It is relatively expensive
2.Stomach bloating, gas and diarrhea.
1. MuscleTech Phase 8 Protein Powder
This protein powder nourishes your muscles with a steady release of amino acids. It is a blend of various protein components. It is superior and works best for most of the consumers. It has the ability to release amino acids directly into the bloodstream. Also, its highly anti-catabolic protein powder helps in muscle building.
1.Available at cheap price
2.Gives highly balanced formula.
1.It is slightly expensive
2. Most customers do not like the taste of this protein powder.