Buying a treadmill is one of the most sensible you can make -at least health-wise. As health professionals, we highly recommend treadmills since they are easy to use, and ideal for managing weight, burning calories and strengthening the cardiovascular system. There are thousands of treadmills to choose from, which means you have a wide array to choose from but this also comes with a challenge of choosing the best from the rest.
Table of Contents
- When shopping for a treadmill you should consider the following factors:
- 10. Proform Power 995i Treadmill
- 9. ProForm Pro 2000 Treadmill
- 8. Merit Fitness 715T Plus Treadmill
- 7. Horizon Fitness T101-04 Treadmill
- 6.LifeSpan TR 1200i Treadmill
- 5. Spirit XT485 Treadmill
- 4. Sole F85 Treadmill
- 3. Proform 505 CST Treadmill
- 2. LifeSpan TR3000i Folding Treadmill
- 1. Nordic Track C 1650 Treadmill
When shopping for a treadmill you should consider the following factors:
- Have in mind your specific needs and the needs of your family members who are likely to use the equipment.
- Do extensive research online to know exactly what you are buying by reading reviews from users and their personal experiences.
- You need to find the best place to buy the equipment. Online stores are more convenient and far much cheaper.
- You should try to try out the equipment before you commit your money to it. You can do these by visiting a gym near you.
To narrow down on our search for the best treadmill, we considered these “must haves” that a fully functional treadmill should have. These are:
→Navigable console with a large digital readout- These makes the treadmill be usable in that you will be able to adjust different parameters easily.
→Shock absorption system- The treadmill should have a system that makes automatic adjustments to compensate for variation in belt and foot speed during workouts.
→ Electronic features- many treadmills have incorporated features such ability to play music, fans and even displaying a number of calories burnt. You should consider what is important to you and one that will accommodate other users.
→Adequate motor- a treadmill with over 2.0 continuous Horsepower can virtually handle any kind of user. You should choose a treadmill with matching components, a large motor does not always guarantee a better performance.
→Heart rate interactivity- this is a sure way of knowing you progress and intensity of your workout. The best treadmills automatically adjust speed accordingly to keep your heart rate at an optimum level -not too high or too low.
→User Profile/ID- the best treadmill should store data for individual users so that you can create your own preferences and goals. A treadmill that stores individual profiles makes it easy to measure progress and compare yourself with others- a great motivational tool.
→Safety and maintenance- you should look out for basic safety features such as safety key, handrails with firm but comfortable grip, and non-obstructive console. A treadmill should need minimal maintenance. You should have a warranty for the equipment for at least one year.
Having these basic features in mind, these how we found the Top 10 Best Treadmills in 2019 that not only fulfilled the above features but went a step further to proof that they are the best of the best. These treadmills are:
10. Proform Power 995i Treadmill
ProForm power 995c is perfect for runners. It has a convenient belt that offers effective shock absorption. It is constructed based on advanced technology ensuring it lasts longer. It features a 3 HP motor. The treadmill offers you value considering that it has features including different incline positions, inbuilt programs, and a durable belt. ProShox Cushioning system and a spacious running area.
|-Sufficient protection due to cushioning system||-Difficult to assembly|
|-Presence of heart rate monitor||-insufficient cooling system|
|-Convenient exercising space|
9. ProForm Pro 2000 Treadmill
ProForm Pro 2000 Treadmill has got amazing functional features. These features include speakers for entertainment, iFit system and a large exercise area. This machine is constructed well ensuring its durability. The running surface can be inclined in various positions. It is suitable for users, not more than 350 pounds. It is can be folded vertically when not in use saving the storage space.
|-Sufficient running space||-The machines limits on the weight of the user|
|-Its in-built programs can be re-programmed||-The manufacturer does not offer full warranty to the machine|
|-iFit feature offers great planned training while using this machine|
8. Merit Fitness 715T Plus Treadmill
Reliability of the manufacturer is the key element while choosing every machine. On purchase of this product, full guaranteed warranty is provided. It is capable of holding a weight capacity of 250 kilograms. This makes it ideal for all categories of people ranging from light to heavy users. Its conveyor belt is strong and of convenient length.
- Reliable suppliers and manufactures.
- Its carriage capacity is minimal as compared to other treadmills.
7. Horizon Fitness T101-04 Treadmill
This treadmill is affordable. It is very small in size occupies less storage space. This feature makes it ideal to be used in residential areas. Also, it can be folded when not in use. Different incline positions are operable. Various programs can be installed in this treadmills. Speaker system gives you some form of entertainment. It has a portable motor.
- It is cheap
- The machine is noise-free on operation
- It is lightweight.
- Has got limited running area.
6.LifeSpan TR 1200i Treadmill
This treadmill has got spacious running platform measuring about 20” by 56’. It is ideal to be used at home due to its flexibility. It features in-built speakers that entertain as you exercise. This treadmill is programmed so as to allow tracking of your workouts. Additionally, a special program that controls heart rate is installed to monitor heart rhythm of the user. Its belt is a two-ply hence durable and of high quality. It has got powerful running motor, data storage device and various incline levels.
- Different incline positions reduce strain.
- Storage devices provide information about the user such as weight and date of operations.
- Spacious running space.
- The cooling system is not available.
- Lifespan membership is limited.
5. Spirit XT485 Treadmill
This treadmill has a convenient large running space. It belts measures approximately 20 by 60 inches. This extendable belt provides a spacious running area for huge persons. It is powered by its efficient motor capable of running at the speed of 12 meters per hour. It features 6 uniformly distributed cushions that minimize strain on your back and joints. Its spare parts are covered for 10 years while motor, frame and deck are cover throughout treadmill’s life span.
- Guaranteed warranty is provided by the company.
- Convenient to use
- It is of high quality.
- It is slightly expensive
- Inadequate cushioning.
4. Sole F85 Treadmill
Sole F85 Treadmill is sold together with a powerful strong motor capable of attaining speed 12mph. This speed is very effective to treadmill workouts. It can be inclined in different positions to reduce strain. Walking surface is about 22’ by 60” that eases running and maximum comfortability.
- LCD screen displays your performance.
- The manufacturer provides the lifetime warranty to motor and frame.
- Convenient to use in areas with minimal spaces like apartments
- It lacks advanced features.
- It is expensive.
3. Proform 505 CST Treadmill
The machine is versatile in that it can use both by walkers and runners. It packs a powerful 2.5 CHP motor. It has a weight capacity of approximately 1300 kilograms. It is comfortable and stable to use especially for heavier users. This machine is available in the market at an affordable price that does not strain one’s income.
- Affordable to most of the users.
- Pen drives are excluded from the machine.
- Lubricants are provided by the company.
2. LifeSpan TR3000i Folding Treadmill
LifeSpan TR3000i Folding Treadmill is convenient especially for beginners. This due to ease usage. As a user, you can try this machine to experience difference if you Have used others earlier yet you were not satisfied with them. This product is constructed from good quality materials ensuring its durability is enhanced. It operates quietly. Features suspension deck that supports users that weigh op to 350 pounds.
- Powerful motor.
- Easy to assemble.
- It is not readily available in the market.
1. Nordic Track C 1650 Treadmill
This machine is very powerful featuring 7” screen that monitors the users while running. It also features 3.8 horsepower motor. All its parts are under five-year warranty from the time of purchase. It offers sufficient tracking space that can be inclined and declined in different positions. This treadmill can be loaded with more than 30 programs. Furthermore, it has got a wireless heart rate monitor.
- An advanced console that shows vital parameters while working.
- Wide working space.
- Cushioning protects the users.
- In-built cooling system
- Assembly is sometimes tedious.