Picking the right formula for your baby can be a challenge. Every local grocer has a multitude of choice. Shelf upon shelf of soy milk, cow’s milk, some are especially formulated to have more vitamins and minerals, or soothe stomachs. Powdered, concentrated, ready to feed – which one are you supposed to pick? Here is a list of options of the top 10 best formula milk for babies 6 – 12 months old.
Table of Contents
- 10. Nutramigen with Enfora NGG
- 9. Similac Advance Infant Formula, Stage 2
- 8. Baby’s Only LactoRelief with DHA and ARA
- 7. Enfamil Infant Baby Formula – 121.8oz Powder Combo Pack
- 6. Meyenberg Whole Powdered Goat Milk
- 5. Gerber Good Start Gentle Powder Infant Formula, 23.2 Ounce
- 4. Vermont Organics TM Milk Based Organic Formula
- 3. PurAmino Hypoallergenic Amino Acid based formula
- 2. EleCare For Infants Hypoallergenic Powder with DHA/ARA, 14.1OZ (Pack of 6)
- 1.Parent’s Choice Infant Formula With Iron Advantage 23.2 ounce
- We also create Best Sellers in Baby Formula in 2020 list for your to consider:
10. Nutramigen with Enfora NGG
If your baby might have an allergy to cow’s milk then there are many options available, like Nutramigen. This formula is often also helpful for babies that suffer from colic or similar digestion distress. Nutramigen has been on the market for 70 years, so you can feel safe in picking this formula.
- Contains vitamins and minerals essential for healthy eye and brain development
- Is a solution for baby’s that have an allergy to cow’s milk
- Can help infants struggling with colic and other digestive distress
- Does not have a pleasant smell
- Doesn’t contain DHA or ARA
9. Similac Advance Infant Formula, Stage 2
This baby formula contains many rich fatty acids, like Omega 3 and 6, and other chemicals usually only found in human milk. Helping you to ensure that you are feeding your little one a supplement that is very much like natural breast milk. Similac Go and Grow is also gluten free, for parents worried that their little one might have an allergy.
- Contains fatty acids, lutein and other supplements usually only found in mother’s milk
- Gluten free
- It has a higher amount of sugar than some other brands of formula
8. Baby’s Only LactoRelief with DHA and ARA
Baby’s Only is a supplement helpful for little ones with total lactose intolerance, but still offers the often sought after DHA and ARA. It also contains no corn syrup, or non GMO ingredients.
- Antibiotic, steroid, and artificial human growth hormone free
- Made with non-GMO ingredients
- Contains no chemical preservatives
- Not often found in your local grocer
- Expensive in comparison to other formulas
7. Enfamil Infant Baby Formula – 121.8oz Powder Combo Pack
Enfamil has long been a leading brand among baby formulas, and this is a product often recommended to mothers because of how closely it mimics the composition of their breast milk. Like many products on shelves today, it also contains DHA.
- Pediatrician recommended to many mothers
- Supports baby’s growth through 12 months of age
- Formula had dual prebiotics to help support the immune system
- High cost
- Some mothers have reported having problems with constipation after switching to this formula
6. Meyenberg Whole Powdered Goat Milk
Meyenberg’s formula might sound strange at first, but for mother’s looking to switch from breastfeeding, or who are unable to, this formula might me the answer. Goat’s milk is often a good replacement for human milk because it is more comparable on the palate, making baby less likely to reject it.
- Allergen and chemical free
- High in calcium and other minerals
- More likely to be accepted by baby in comparison to human milk
- Not widely available, unless purchased online
- Does not contain DHA
5. Gerber Good Start Gentle Powder Infant Formula, 23.2 Ounce
Gerber has long been a recognized and trusted name amongst parents, and many find it ideal for their children’s health. Gerber Good Start is suitable for babies up to 12 months of age and is useful in weaning off of breastfeeding.
- Very affordable
- Easily reconstituted
- Contains DHA and other desirable vitamins and minerals
- Some find the smell undesirable
- There have been some parents who’ve experienced the product cause constipation in their baby
4. Vermont Organics TM Milk Based Organic Formula
For parents wishing to give their baby a vegetarian option, then Vermont Organics is your answer. This organic and pesticide free formula also meets all of baby’s nutritional needs. Even FDA certified to be organic, you can trust that you’re not feeding your baby any added pesticides and antibiotics.
- FDA certified organic
- Contains no pesticides
- Contains DHA and other important vitamins
- Not as widely available as some formulas
- Expense in comparison to other products
- Some baby’s may not find the formula very palatable at first
3. PurAmino Hypoallergenic Amino Acid based formula
PurAmino is formulated for babies that suffer from extreme allergies to many ingredients found in common formulas. This formula also promotes better health for babies suffering from advanced digestive disorders. Offering a high amount of iron and other vitamins essential to brain and body development.
- Easy on baby’s tummy
- Beneficial for infants with acid reflux
- Availability and cost can be a hassle for some parents
2. EleCare For Infants Hypoallergenic Powder with DHA/ARA, 14.1OZ (Pack of 6)
EleCare For Infants Hypoallergenic Powder, like PurAmino, is created for infants struggle with severe allergies and digestive disorders. It offers a wide range of beneficial proteins and vitamins that every baby needs.
- Good for babies with severe digestive disorders and pain
- Manages and prevents protein malabsorption
- Very expensive compared with competitors
1.Parent’s Choice Infant Formula With Iron Advantage 23.2 ounce
This formula is milk based, contains DHA, ARA and mimics mother’s milk as closely as possible, able to support nutrition up to 12 months. And for its price, that makes it a very desirable formula for many parents.
- Contains DHA and ARA
- Is very affordable
- Supports all needed nutrition up to 12 months
- Contains no steroids or antibiotics
- Some find that it can irritate some baby’s stomachs
Whether you are choosing not to breastfeed, or are not able to, at the end of the day finding the right formula for your baby can be a confusing task. Hopefully this list of the 10 best formula milks for babies 6 to 12 months old, a pediatrician’s advice, and plenty of research will help you get a step closer to finding what will work for you and your little one, no matter the challenges in place.