Are you looking for a perfect sound device or speaker for your vehicle? Check out these top 10 best car bass speakers to have a tremendous idea for selecting the speaker that will surely give you the best surround sound when you’re just sitting in your vehicle. Choose accordingly with the technical specifications, practicality, and sound quality, so you can have the best car bass speaker that you always wanted for your vehicle.
Sourcing for the best car bass speaker is not an easy task now that there are many brands in the market. However, top10reviewof.com has utilized many hours in an attempt to research and bring you the top 10 best car speakers reviews in 2020. This article also contains a useful buying guide that can ease your work when you decide to shop around. Enjoy reading and extracting the rightful information that suits you.
Why Buy Car Speakers?
Even though most cars come pre-installed with car speakers, at times, and most people would prefer to purchase and install an aftermarket speakers and replace the standard one. The reasons to why most people would do so are many and the most common reasons are the following:
- Low quality of the inbuilt standard speakers
- Flat and boring sound of the standard inbuilt speakers
- Lack of proper low frequencies (bass) in the standard speakers
Therefore, fitting your car with a powerful set of car speakers would certainly enhance the overall performance of the sound system that matches your preference to give you the pleasurable atmosphere. This is the right place for your informed search, stay tuned and get every bit of the information provided.
Car Speakers Buying Guide
Not all the car speakers that you see displayed in the car accessories shops are of good quality. There is some detailed information that will guide in determining whether the speakers you intend to purchase of good quality or not. Just check out the information below concerning the properties of a good car speaker.
What should I look for in a Good Car Speaker?
i. The size of the speaker
This is the point where most people go wrong; it is not advisable to go for oversize speakers that do not match your car. In considering this, it is wise to go for the same size as or slightly bigger that then standard pre-installed speakers. Some common sizes include 6×8, 6×5, 5×7, and 6×9. Regarding this, the notion that the larger the size the powerful the speaker does not hold. Just go for the right size and the quality will remain. Compatibility issues can also arise such that certain car models would only be compatible with certain speakers and not others. Therefore, you need to be sure with what you want considering what you have.
The quality of the sound system does not depend only on the speakers but also the head unit. It is, therefore, advisable to select the best head unit before considering the speakers to install. After choosing the head unit, you should then source for speakers that the unit can power without compromising the quality. Power-handling enables you to know the amount of power in watts that the speakers can handle. For instance, installing low power speakers on a high wattage unit can make the speakers blow off. For continuity and durability of the speakers, the power-handling must be keenly established.
Many people tend to reason that the speaker’s efficiency rating is directly proportional to the sensitivity, and that is not true. The sensitivity of the speaker shows how the speaker can effectively convert the power applied (in watts) into volume measured in decibels. Therefore, it stands that the higher the rate of sensitivity the louder the speaker would be. To conclude, the most sensitive speaker is the best since it consumes less power.
iv. Build Quality
It is a fact that most factory standard inbuilt speakers are made of substandard materials that tend to degrade with time. This is one of the main reasons for upgrading to the high-quality speakers. The following are some of the things to look for in a quality built ones:
- Rubber surroundings that will last longer and also enhance quality of the sound
- Stiff, lightweight woofer materials such as metal-coated synthetic fabrics or polypropylene mixed with mica.
v. Coaxial Speakers
Since the space in the car for installing the speakers is limited, fitting the different types of speakers such as bass, mid-range, and the tweeter is not possible. Therefore, it is ideal to install coaxial speakers which are the most common types of car speakers available in the market. These speakers are all-in-one units that entail a woofer and a tweeter that is mounted to the woofer; the woofer produces the low while the tweeter produces the high to make the sound complete and quality.
These are the best 10 as per our detailed research based on the factors discussed above. Enjoy exploring and extracting the rightful information that suits you.
Table of Contents
- 10. JBL GTO638 6.5-Inch 3-Way Speakers (Pair)
- 9. DKnight Big MagicBox Bluetooth 4.0 Portable Speaker
- 8. Bluetooth Speakers TaoTronics 20W Speaker Boom X Stereo
- 7. Dual BP1204 12-Inch 1100-Watt Illumination Bandpass Subwoofer
- 6. MTX Audio Terminator Series TNE212D 1,200-Watt
- 5. DS18 BP210 1200W Complete Bass Package
- 4. Pioneer TSSWX2502 10-Inch Shallow-Mount
- 3. JBL GT-BassPro12 12-Inch Powered Subwoofer System
- 1. Bluetooth Speaker, Pomarks X1 Portable Wireless Speaker
10. JBL GTO638 6.5-Inch 3-Way Speakers (Pair)
This 3-way speaker from JBL is patent with a plus one woofer cone. It has the quality of a home theater and quality tweeter. Moreover, it produces a real sound from built-in crossover network on its 6 ½ and six ¾ inch three-way loudspeakers. This product has a mylar-titanium tweeter and super adjustable tweeter with level controls. It uses an 180-watts peak power handling on 2-ohm impedance and has a 2-inch mounting depth.
- Produces high mids and highs
- Easy to install
- Perfect for original car cassette
- Good and loudspeakers
- Music is clear
- No hardware included for grills
- Distortion at high frequency
9. DKnight Big MagicBox Bluetooth 4.0 Portable Speaker
The new released DKnight’s portable wireless speaker for your car is known for its stunning stereo sound. It is implemented with 20W total acoustic drivers and advanced bass enhancement technology. Also, this product is built-in 4000mA rechargeable battery for up to 12 hours of playtime and use. Plus it also has a microphone for hands-free speaker phone calling. This product is also easy to pair with other Bluetooth devices for it does not have a pairing code. Its advanced Bluetooth 4.0 technology is compatible with any Bluetooth devices. This bass car speaker is fashionable and portable with easy to carry compact size that weighs only 15 ounces.
- Without distortion at the highest level
- Easy to connect with Bluetooth enabled device
- The sound is clear and crisp
- Compact, light and portable
- Sturdy design
- Flat when playing from iTunes library
- Very fragile
8. Bluetooth Speakers TaoTronics 20W Speaker Boom X Stereo
Bluetooth speakers produced by Taotronics have a dynamic crystal clear and huge stereo sound. It has its exceptional quality on music from the 2x 10watts speakers and 2x passive radiators. Likewise, it has an elegant and portable design which is very versatile with a sturdy aluminum out case body. It can be used to connect Bluetooth-enabled devices from up to 33 feet distance away. The rechargeable battery of this product plays music for up to 6 hours of continuous use.
- Sturdy and thick aluminum housing but compact body
- Sound quality is excellent
- Great sound even at high volume
- Intuitive and easy to use
- Produce a room-filling sound
- Not waterproof
7. Dual BP1204 12-Inch 1100-Watt Illumination Bandpass Subwoofer
This 1100 watt subwoofer from Dual Electronics is equipped with a computer-tuned acoustic chamber to increase output efficiency. It has a blue illumination with the plexiglass window for creative and color coordinated installations. More so, this product has a dual-chambered enclosure with two pieces of 12 inches dual DS series of subwoofers. This product has nailed and glued MDF construction with added bracing and carpet covering. It has a 250 watt x 1 channel of 4 ohms, most power, 2 ohms stable and classes A/B. This product also has a dual-chambered enclosure with two pieces of 12 inches dual DS series subwoofers.
- Produces great sounds
- Lots of bright basses
- Very easy to install
- Provides a deep clean low
- The blue glowing light is very fashionable
- Not really sturdy
- Rattle a lot
6. MTX Audio Terminator Series TNE212D 1,200-Watt
This audio Terminator series of bass car speaker from MTX houses two pieces of 12-inch Terminator subwoofers on a vented enclosure. This is an ideal solution for anyone who is looking for adding bass to their vehicle. This product is also ruggedly constructed using 5/8″ MDF and aviation grade black carpet.
- Kicks hard in a jeep wrangler
- Very powerful
- Produce amazingly good sound
- Easy to install
- The box is not made from quality materials
5. DS18 BP210 1200W Complete Bass Package
This monoblock amplifier from DS18 is built with two pieces of subwoofers, both 600 watts having a total of 1200 watts with 2 ohms impedance. It is made from monoblock class A/B amplifier with 600 watts maximum output and 300 watts RMS. This product is enclosed in an MDF constructed subwoofer enclosure with slot vent finely tuned for optimal sound and efficiency. The package comprises of a complete 8 gauge installation kit with materials including; 2 ring terminals, fuse holder with a 40A fuse, a 17 ft power cable, a 3 ft trouble cable, 17 ft RCA Cable, a 17 ft remote wire, 5 spade terminals, 8 gauge butt connector, zip ties, a 10 ft speaker cable and an 8 gauge grommet.
- Quality sound and superb output
- It bumps loud sound
- The box is sturdy and fashionable
- Great value
- Robust and lush on the high-end frequencies
- Not too much bass
4. Pioneer TSSWX2502 10-Inch Shallow-Mount
This subwoofer from Pioneer has a music power of 1200 watts and frequency response from 20 Hz to 125 Hz. This product maintains a sensitivity of 93dB impedance, single 4 ohms. It’s tight bass from a shallow compact design reinforced MICA injection; molded resin preloaded subwoofer cone structure. The design is carpeted, non-slip and has a scratch resistant enclosure surface.
- Performs great sound
- Perfectly seat under car rear’s seat
- Perfect low frequency
- Compact, light and durable
- Easy to install
- Low-quality speaker’s materials
- The speaker rattles
3. JBL GT-BassPro12 12-Inch Powered Subwoofer System
JBL’s car bass speaker and subwoofer have a 12-inch woofer with the die-cast aluminum basket for producing solid sounds under all conditions. It is equipped with a Slipstream port that eliminates port noise and provides distortion-free bass at high output levels. This product also has a system optimization and the amplifier is precisely matched with the woofer, enclosure, and Slipstream port thus ensuring best performance and value. Likewise, it has a signal-sensing turn-on automatically turns the subwoofer on and off. Its input level, low-pass, bass boost and phase controls make it easy for you to get your desired sounds.
- It fills the whole car with powerful sounds
- Easy to install
- Capable of giving too much bass
- Unit has high input
- Fits perfectly in the back of car trunk
- Low-quality materials
2. Pyramid W64 6.5-Inch 800W Midrange/Mid Bass Speakers (2 Pairs)
This bass car speaker from Pyramid has a 200-watt max each for a total of 800 watts per 4 drivers. This product is equipped with a 6 ½ mid bass poly woofer and has a bumped back design. It weighs about 30 ounces. Technically, out of so high rating, it reached the top 2 in this review.
- Doesn’t have any problems
- Performed much better than what is expected
- Vast and unusual sounds
- Very compact, light and portable
- Easy to install
Looks like crap if underpowered or played outside of their intended range
1. Bluetooth Speaker, Pomarks X1 Portable Wireless Speaker
Finally, the best in this review is the Pomark’s Bluetooth speaker that is known to be a very powerful portable speaker which was design with comfort grip feel; carabiner was making more it convenient to bring with while doing other things such as climbing, hiking, biking or even driving. This product is composed of wireless speakers using the latest Bluetooth 4.0 technology that gives up to 33 feet of coverage. It has two pieces of premium 5 watts drivers with enhanced bass that is covered with rubber case, drop-proof and is also durable. The rechargeable battery can be use for up to 8 hours of extended work time.
- Versatile enough
- Produces quality sounds
- Connects quickly and easily
- Lyrics are nice and crisp
- Ideal for outdoor activity
- Easy to install
- Light, compact and very portable
- Durable and sturdy quality