Vinyl cutting is a great way to open up your mind to limitless imaginations. What should you look out for when buying a vinyl cutter? It depends on the intended purpose, either personal or commercial. Personal vinyl cutters should be easy to use, occupy lesser space and be cheap. Selecting the best vinyl cutter can be a daunting task, to help you through it, I have prepared a list of the Top 10 Best Personal Vinyl Cutting Machine 2017, that aims to cover all area that vinyl cutting be used. Hope you will find it useful. These cutters are:
Table of Contents
- 10. Silhouette America Portrait Cutting Tool
- 9.Cricut Explore Air Wireless Cutting Machine
- 8.28-inch USCutter Titan Vinyl Cutter
- 7.Cricut 29-0001 Personal Electronic Cutting Machine
- 6.Slice Digital Die Cutting Machine
- 5.Silhouette CAMEO Vinyl Starter Kit Bundle
- 4.Silhouette Cameo Electronic Cutting Tool
- 3.Cricut Explore Electronic Cutting Machine
- 2.Graphtes FC8600-100 VINYL Cutter
- 1.Vinyl Cutter USCutter MH 34in BUNDLE
Silhouette America Portrait Cutting Tool with Vinyl Starter Kit for Scrap-booking is a convenient personal cutter. This is because it is very small and lightweight hence portable. It can be connected to computer so as to alter the fonts as desired. Also, it occupies less space. The cutter is very versatile since the software can be used to generate various designs and shapes. It has got optical scanner that interprets the printings and cut precisely as desired. It features unique studio library.
- Occupies less space
- Optical cutter for precise cutting
- Cannot be used for bigger designs
This cutter allows innovation due to its flexibility to cut different length and widths. Cricut Explore Air Wireless Cutting Machine is simple to use especially for the beginners. The machine is multi-purpose as it can cut cardstock, vellum, chipboard and foils. Proper functionality of this cutter is boosted by connecting it to the computer for manipulation of the design. On purchase it is sold together with manual that instructs the buyer on how to use the cutter. It is very small and lightweight.
- Small and lightweight
- Good for beginners
- Can be used to cut a variety of materials
- Cannot be used with larger designs
28-inch USCutter Titan Vinyl Cutter comes at position 8 due to its ability to withstand all kinds of abuse. This is because it is manufactured using good quality materials. The cutter is cheaply available. It is able to cut maximum length of approximately 240 inches. The ergonomics of the user have been considered for a better experience while cutting.
- It can be used to cut lengths of about 240 inches
- Highly durable
- It is affordable
- It can be used with smaller designs
- Not suitable for precision cutting
This cutter is portable due to its small size and lightweight. You can use it without connecting it with a computer. Diversity of cartridges allows collection of variety of designs. This give you the flexibility to combine several letters and shapes to suit occasions such as wedding, funeral and anniversaries. Soft touch overlay offers added advantage to the user. It is reliable and accessible because it is portable and used without a computer.
- Can be used without a computer
- It is portable
- Soft touch overlay
- Cannot be used with larger designs
This is the an impressive cheap but versatile cutter. It is bought full set having a handle and a storage unit, SD card. Cuts the vinyl into unique designs based on the project being performed. It is very easy to use. You just need to assemble the different parts to form a unit. Adding to the above, the slice die cutter can allow you to draw and emboss. On usage, there is little wastage of vinyl material saving on the overall cost of the design.
- Less vinyl wastage
- Can be used to draw and emboss
- It is cheap
- Cannot be used for complex designs
If you are just starting off in vinyl cutting, this is a great cutter to consider. It has reduced functionality has compared to other Silhouette cutters. It comes with two mats and two cutting blades. It can be used to do cuts of up to 12-inches wide and 10-feet long. It is more straightforward to work with it and no prior knowledge is needed.
- Simple to use
- Availability of designs online to practice.
- Reduced functionality
For designs that have an area of up to 12-inch wide and 10-feet long, Silhouette Cameo Electronic Cutting Machine is a good option. You get a cutting mat and more than 30 exclusive designs to kick start you. The cutting machine can be used with a variety of materials such as vinyl and fabric.
- It can be used for larger designs
- It can be used for both vinyl and fabric materials
- Can be used for cuts requiring high precisions.
- You buy most of the online designs
If you are looking something simple but with a lot of precision, Cricut Explore Vinyl Set, is an option for you. It is used together with the online design software Cricut Design Space to create DIY projects. Cricut Design Space has a huge database of images that you can readily use.
- The print and cut feature makes it easy to create colored cut-outs
- It be used to cut a wide variety of materials.
- No cartridges are required but are compatible
- It is light duty hence cannot be used to cut thick materials
Coming at first position is the Graphtes FC8600-100 VINYL Cutter- a high performance plotter- that is the envy of many professionals such as countertop installers, sign makers and graphic artists. It can cut through a variety vinyl material with much ease. The LCD provides a sneak peek of the current parameters. The soft keypads make it easy to choose from the different modes.
- High cutting speed
- It has an optical sensor for more accurate cuts
- It has Ethernet capability for running multiple machines from one location.
- LCD display
- Expensive hence not ideal choice for occasional vinyl cutters
Vinyl Cutter USCutter MH 34in bundle makes it more easy to work with flexible materials. It has pinch rollers that are fully adjustable. It is pretty easy to work with this vinyl cutter and does not need any prior experience-you hit the ground running-to come up with your first designs. The blade holder is compatible with most economic blades. It comes bundled with designed and cut software.
- Economical as Roland blade holder can be used with cheap blades
- Easy to set up and use
- Usable with flexible material
- Cannot be used with complex designs