Car scratches nowadays are not merely a problem because of these varieties of car scratch remover products in the market and online stores. These products had been famous all over and were already in great demands. Hence, it has scratches on your car is not preventable; you must always have a stock of these car scratch remover. Check this top 10 best car scratch remover kits in 2017 review and see which product you prefer and get your attention. So, why to have a problem on how to remove your car scratches when you can do this with just several wiping and using car scratches remover products?
What causes car scratch?
Car scratches can be caused by any rough material that may come into contact with the body of the car. Going through a bushy road can cause lots of scratches to your vehicle. Similarly, hand washing the car can at times cause scratches especially when a rough wiping material is used.
There are two types of car scratches; shallow scratches and deep scratches. The vehicle finishes are composed of several layers starting from the frame to the last clear coat. The shallow scratches are those that occurs at above the top layer while deep scratch occurs beneath the top clear coat. Therefore, there are specific scratch removers for each category; hence you need to be sure of the type of scratch that you want to remove.
Other Causes Car Scratch include;
- Washing and drying the car with a dirty cloth that results to formation of swirl marks
- Using an abrasive polish
- Leaving the car dirty for long
- Birds and other animals can hit or drop on the car
- Driving through a road covered with bush where the bush gets into contact with the car.
Is it necessary to have the same Color of scratch remover to match my car’s paint?
Given that most car scratches only happen above the clear coat, the main car paint will not be tampered with but only the top coat which is always clear. Therefore, it is not necessary to go for the same color as the car’s paint color in case the scratch is above the clear coat. However, in a situation whereby the scratch is deep or beneath the coat, you need to have a top notch scratchy remover that match the color of the car.
Features of Scratch Removal Kits
For you to have the best experience and the best result after doing the scratch removal process, you need to have the right kit. The following are what you need:
An abrasive. You need an abrasive material and a fine grit like sanding paper. The sand paper or the sanding cube offers various degrees of fineness and allows you to repair the scratch.
A polisher. You need the polisher to eliminate the residual abrasive compound when buffed into the paint. This ensures that you maintain the original shine.
How to do it The Best Way
You need to do a careful and even application of the scratch remover. It is advisable to work in small areas and keep the scratched area moist. You also need to avoid too deep sand to prevent damage to the paint. In the final process, you need to apply smooth and even strokes and avoiding excessive pressure.
Benefits of using the Scratch Removal Kit at home
Saves Money. Did you know that doing the removal of scratches at a dealer’s shop is more expensive than when you do it yourself? Now you know, when you do it yourself, it will cost a few dollars whereas taking at the dealer would cost you nearly ten times the do-it-yourself cost.
Maintain the Vehicles Paint. The paint is protective of your car and it should be maintained as much as possible. It is not feasible to take the car to the dealer regularly for paint maintenance owing to cost and time. However, when you have the right kit, you can do the paint maintenance as regular as possible hence maintaining te vehicle paint. Furthermore, repairing of the cuffs and scratches eliminates the development of rust that can increase and spread further to destroy your car totally.
Retain Market Value. When you ignore a mere scratch because it is too small to take you to the service center, it might reach a time tha the scratches can develop over a wide area and cause a big issue. You, therefore, need to have the necessary scratch remover kits at your disposal. With these, you will manage to keep the car’s exterior in the perfect look and shape.
The Basic Scratches Prevention Methods
- Wash your car regularly on a weekly basis because the dirt can easily cause scratches
- Avoid sliding objects across the body of the car, not even grocery bags
- Do not use abrasive cloth when washing the car, especially the likes with synthetic fibers. A clean sponge is recommendable or a sheepskin mitt.
- It is advisable to hose off any grime or dirt before you start washing the car.
- If the washing sponge drops down while you are washing the car, do not use it without rinsing it thoroughly.
- Use a microfiber towel to wax the car or any soft all-cotton piece of cloth.
Table of Contents
- 10. NOVUS 7136 Plastic Polish Kit – 2 oz.
- 9. Meguiar’s Smooth Surface Clay Kit
- 8. Meguiar’s G10307 ScratchX 2.0 – 7 oz.
- 7. Turtle Wax T-241A Polishing Compound and Scratch Remover
- 6. Quixx 00070-US Paint Scratch Remover Kit
- 5. NOVUS 7100 Plastic Polish Kit – 8 oz.
- 4. Leather Conditioner & Restorer 8 Oz
- 3. Meguiar’s G17216 Ultimate Compound – 15.2 oz.
- 2. 3M 03900 Rubbing Compound – 8 oz.
- 1. Bondo 907 Glazing and Spot Putty – 4.5 oz.
10. NOVUS 7136 Plastic Polish Kit – 2 oz.
This car scratch remover by Novus offers an excellent cleaning and restoring CD/DVD, automobile headlamps, airplanes, aquariums, and all acrylic products. This car scratch remover product has a compact kit that fits in your glove compartment, saddle bag or carrying case. It gently cleans and removes scratches instead of filling it in. Also, it has helped millions win to earn the war against fading, to scratch and dull of leaders. Novus has been an industry leader since 1973.
- Worked well in glasses
- Works great in cleaning plastic lenses
- Easy to use system
- Not abrasive
- Ideal for cleaning Plexiglas
- The coating fades off
- The last coat needs to have a lasting sealer
9. Meguiar’s Smooth Surface Clay Kit
Meguiar’s car scratch remover includes 2 – 80-gram bars, clay lubricant and a microfiber towel for cleaning areas in your vehicle and other vehicles. This product features a non-abrasive clay bar which removes surface bonded contaminants and restores every smooth surface to the paint finish. Also, this car scratch remover is safe and easy to use.
- It brings back the factory shine of the car
- It removes sap
- Cleans deep dirt
- Gets rid of dirt and grime which normal washing cannot
- Safe Wash
- Takes a lot of work
- It takes lots of patience and time before it totally works
8. Meguiar’s G10307 ScratchX 2.0 – 7 oz.
Just like other Meguiar’s car scratch remover products; this ScratchX gives the same benefits. It is ideal in safely removing light scratches and swirls in your car, safely removes oxidations and blemishes and other bonded contaminants. Also, this car scratch remover product is clear coat safe. The formula is enclosed in a bottle of 7 ounces and is available at any car stores near you.
- Not abrasive polish
- Suggested for a black car
- Works well with cloth
- Works fantastic at surface-level scratches
- Turns car like new again
- Requires hard pressure and elbow grease
- Not advisable for removing deep scratches
7. Turtle Wax T-241A Polishing Compound and Scratch Remover
Turtle Wax car scratch remover is a heavy duty paste that cleans dull, oxidized finishes and quickly and easily penetrates through the oxidized surface to remove scratches, blemishes, and stubborn stains. Also, it is perfect for restoring faded finishes. This car scratch remover product is recommended for rubbing down between coats of newly sprayed lacquer and acrylic car finishes. More so, it has easy to use formula and safe.
- Ideal for removing harmful scratches of door panel
- Perfect for headlight restoration
- It serves in dual purpose
- Easy to use
- Suitable for removing light oxidation
- Tool a lot more elbow grease to get it off
- Took about 4 or 5 rounds of rubbing heavily into the scratch.
6. Quixx 00070-US Paint Scratch Remover Kit
Quixx car scratch remover permanently removes scratches, small marks, and scuffs marks and will not reappear over time. This product is suitable for all gloss paints and colors including metallic. Also, this gives quick and simple 2 step process and will not damage vehicle’s finish. This car scratch remover product includes a kit with a repair polish, a finish polish, a 2500 grit sandpaper and polishing cloths.
- It removes fine scratches beautifully
- The package is already complete
- Removed scratches on bonnet
- Only improve deep scratches
- Requires repeated rubbing
5. NOVUS 7100 Plastic Polish Kit – 8 oz.
This Novus car scratch remover is excellent for cleaning and restoring CD/DVD, motorcycle windshields, boats, automobile headlamps, aquariums, airplanes and all acrylic products in your place. This compact kit is very compact and small and fits in your glove compartment, carrying case or saddle bag. It is perfect for cleaning and removing scratches instead of filling it in. this Novus car scratch remover product has already helped millions of customers win the war against scratching and dulling of plastics. Novus is a long time industry leader since the year 1973. This product comes in a bigger 8-ounce bottle.
- Worked in a perfect quality
- Ideal for cleaning and removing scratches of plastic headlights
- Recommended for sailplane canopy
- Easy to use
- Ideal for deep scratches
- Ideal for repairing scratch in a tinted motorcycle windshield
- Restore many plastic surfaces like new
- Not recommended for acrylic window
4. Leather Conditioner & Restorer 8 Oz
Leather conditioner and restorer from Leather Nova will surely protect your investment and dries out and eventually starts to crack if not cared for. This leather conditioner will provide the needed moisture that your car needs. This product is proven safe for any surface on your automotive, bags, shoes, furniture and more. More so, it restores worn-out leather and likewise soften, strengthen and moisturize neglected leather. Included in the packaging is an applicator, so you need to scrounge for a clean rag or old t-shirt.
It also has unique features of providing safe and durable protection to new and old leather surfaces and adds shine and suppleness to any leather. Monthly use of this product prevents premature cracking and drying, leaves a rich leather fragrance after application using water, snow, and non-toxic rain repellent. This car scratch remover product we proudly developed and manufactured in the USA.
- Made from entirely synthetic polymer
- Leather Nova is perfect for red couch
- Lexol is ideal for green couch
- Dual purpose
- Came with a handy foam applicator pad
- Quickly dries in just 45 minutes
- Very easy to apply and not too thick
- Has an amazing “new leather smell.”
3. Meguiar’s G17216 Ultimate Compound – 15.2 oz.
This Meguiar’s car scratch remover ultimate compound greatly removes oxidation, swirl marks, and scratches. Also, it is useful for removing water spots plus specialized abrasives that restore surface clarity without scratching the area where you applied it. Likewise, it leaves a like-new finish and adds gloss in just one step. This product is perfect to use before waxing.
- Ideal for removing watermarks
- Brings back the shine on faded car paints
- Immediately removes scratch from a fiberglass bumper
- Easy to use
- Buffed out the oxidation in the car
- Requires repeated scrubs to remove scratches
2. 3M 03900 Rubbing Compound – 8 oz.
This best-selling 3M car scratch remover with a rubbing compound beat up hundreds of car scratch remover products in the market and online stores and made it in the top 2 of this review. This product weighs 8 ounces, and this capacity is just excellent for hand compounding applications. It safely and efficiently removes grade 1200 or finer scratches, other fine scratches, medium oxidation, coarse swirl marks or water spots and leaves an excellent finish. This product is available for use on hand or machine.
- Best for renewing old single stage paint
- Buffing out new clear coat in the car
- Takes out the swirl marks left from the rubbing compound
- Easy to use
- Works in just a few minutes of rubbing
1. Bondo 907 Glazing and Spot Putty – 4.5 oz.
Bondo car scratch remover by 3M bags the top 1 in top 10 best car scratch remover kits in 2017 review and beats all the other car scratch remover products in the market because of its unique and advanced features that customers loved. This product is perfect for filling pinholes in body filler, it can be sanded and painted and is sandable in only 30 minutes.
- Gives complete repair
- Work quickly as it dries fast
- Repair fender rust damage
- Extremely convenient to use
- Ideal for repairing rims